[K12OSN] Need software advice - SMS/Grading system

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Jan 5 16:48:07 UTC 2007

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 07:22:24 -0800 (PST), James Huffman wrote
> Hello all,
> I am wondering if any one has any good recommendations
> as to a good school management software package for
> use in a small (35 student) high school. We are only 4
> years old so we are stuck on nothing and have an open
> mind to all suggestions. We need a good grade book and
> the ability to print report cards. A good master
> calendar is also on our wish list. I would prefer
> something on line but that is not a deal breaker. What
> are other schools using? (how much should we expect to
> spend?) Of cource we are using Fedora LTSP as a
> platform and no Windows boxes are found on site. Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have any good suggestions, however I know I have seen good discussion
on this list in the past.  I just quick added to the subject to help others
chime in.

On another note, I helped set this school up when it started.  Since day one
they have used nothing other than K12LTSP for all their needs.  It would be
awesome if you guys could help them get a good linux based grading system.

Thanks
Jim