[K12OSN] anyone using afpfs-ng?

Peter Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Sun Jan 7 20:30:18 UTC 2007

Is anyone using afpfs-ng to mount shares from Mac OS X server?  We've
got some 'central storage' servers that are Mac OS X servers.  I think
the only protocol in use on them at the moment is Appletalk Filing
Protocol (AFP), and the techs are reluctant to turn on any others, say
NFS or ssh (which would allows sshfs).  I was thinking I'd put an icon
on the users' desktops that calls afpfs-ng to mount the share from the
central storage server.  Has anyone tried this?

Petre