[K12OSN] Neoware thinclients

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Wed Jan 10 16:02:01 UTC 2007

Petre Scheie wrote:

>> I think the one that's getting all the attention is the $99 TU
>> system, on the top left part of the homepage.  It looks identical
>> the the NorhTec MicroClient Jr. which you can read about at
>> http://www.norhtec.com/products/mcjr/index.html.  But I think
>> NorhTec charges $150 for quantity one.

$120 for the unit plus $30 for two serial-port option, which does look
like what this is.  I assume they bought a lot at a discounted volume
rate and are selling them at a fairly thin margin.

The only difference I see is that on the back of the ewayco unit there
seems to be a coax jack that I don't see on the images at norhtec.  I've
sent an e-mail to ewayco asking a few questions.  I'll update this
thread if I hear back from them.

--
Henry