[K12OSN] Blocked net access

David Whitmer thewhitmers at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 17:17:30 UTC 2007

On 1/12/07, Les Mikesell <les at futuresource.com> wrote:

> I think the script and setup tries to automatically determine that you
> have a 2-NIC
> configuration and only activates NAT for that case.  Having eth0 down
> must make
> it look like a single NIC setup.
>
> --
>  Les Mikesell
>   les at futuresource.com

hmmm...

We're running 4 K12LTSP servers at our schools.  On all but one
routing has always worked perfectly for any Windows PCs connected to
the "internal" subnet.  The server this has never worked on, though,
is one where I know for sure I did not have either NIC (it has two)
connected during the K12LTSP installation.

Perhaps my problem is that, since the NICs weren't connected during
the installation and setup, that the setup didn't think it needed to
configure & activate NAT?

David Whitmer
Director of Media & Technology
Calvary Schools of Holland (Michigan)