[K12OSN] Disabling Screensaver Lock on K12LTSP6

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 15:15:20 UTC 2007

On 1/14/07, R. Scott Belford <scott at hosef.org> wrote:
> Aloha Amigos
>
> We have set up an email garden for PTC(1) again this year, and I am
> using the K12LTSP6.  Everything is great except for screensaver locking.
>  Is there a universal way to disable this for all clients?
>
> I have found this link
>
> https://listman.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2006-February/msg00020.html
>
> but the file it suggests editing is no longer there.
>
> I tried executing /opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/xscreensaver.sh
>
> but the locking still occurs.

If you need a quick fix:
FC5 and newer use gnome-screensaver. In any case, a temporary fix is
to launch fl_teachertool (as root of course) then select all users and
click View. Now type gnome-screensaver into the input box and click
Select. Now click Kill. Do the same for xscreensaver if that process
exists. No more screensaving.

--
Robert Arkiletian