[K12OSN] Failed software raid 5

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 03:47:14 UTC 2007

On 15/01/07, ATM Logic <atmlogic at kmts.ca> wrote:

>  I also noted that if I run your command, it will assemble with 2 out of 3
> drives, (says needs 3 to start) if I add the --run thne I get the same msg,
> failed to Run_Array /dev/md2: Invalid arg....

Bottom / In line posting would be appreciated to keep the conversation sane.
So would plain text.

The raid is not being rebuilt alongwith others since it is likely to be
de-graded. When you run delete component and then add component you can see
the raid array being re-built by "mdadm -D /dev/md2" Just run it couple of
times after interval of a minute or so and you can see the progress of array
re-building going on.

If it still gives errors then you need to dig in further to find out what is
causing it.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar