[K12OSN] Blocked net access

David Whitmer thewhitmers at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 14:00:09 UTC 2007

On 1/15/07, Burke Almquist <balmquist at mindfirestudios.com> wrote:

> This means that is HAS to be a DNS/lookup issue. If it was the
> routing of the traffic, then you wouldn't be able to reach external
> sites at all. For some reason the windows boxes aren't getting a DNS
> server from DHCP automatically. What are the network settings on the
> windows machines?

Yeah, that's what I figured.

The Windows PC (XP Home Edition) is configured to get its network
settings automatically via DHCP.  When I run "ipconfig /all" in a
command window on that PC, all the settings (IP address, default
gateway, subnet mask, etc) look the way they should.

I can post a copy of the server's dhcpd.conf (or any other
information) if anyone's interested in seeing it, though I won't be
able to do that until this evening.

David Whitmer