[K12OSN] How to add sound apps?

Jim Anderson netman1 at optonline.net
Mon Jan 15 17:16:15 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am running K12LTSP 5.0 at a computer lab I set up as a volunteer.  I
am doing administration and teaching there once a week.  When the lab
was set up it was set up without sound.  This included not installing
the audio applications.

I have since set up lts.conf for the terminals' sound.  I get an error
that it cannot located /dev/dsp.  I think this is because the sound
packages are needed.  How do I install the sound packages now.  I've
tried the yum based tools but have not been successful.  I have also
received errors that the K12LTSP repos are not available.

Jim