[K12OSN] Flash sound gone after installing Xine and mplayer

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon Jan 15 20:05:22 UTC 2007

Howdy All,

  Krsnendu,
        Your instructions for installing Flash Player 9 along with the
libflashsupport add on for esd & pulse audio, was much clearer
than the instructions I gave, for sure! Sometimes, Ive found ,I
overexplain instructions. The instructions,in the link I provided
did not give the "devel" packages that are needed for pusle &
esound  audio,and for Make to compile the libflashsupport.c file
to compile correctly. Good call !:)
The bottom line Flash Player 9 WILL work, with sound on terminals. The
same instructions you posted here, will work on K12LTSP5 as well. Just so
everyone knows.
Glad the " touch /tmp/.esd/socket " routine  revived your flash sound. Do
the cron job script as you mentioned  ( on the ltsp wiki),to keep the
socket "there" to cut down on having to manually recreate it!

Take Care,

Barry Cisna