[K12OSN] K12LTSP 6.0 sound woes...

Caleb Wagnon cwagnon at fordyceschools.org
Thu Jan 18 14:22:55 UTC 2007

I get i810_audio

I changed the driver in lts.conf to that very same thing after I found
online that it may actually be that.
 However, sound still doesn't work. I can even try the volume control
in gnome and it says "No volume control Gstreamer plugins and/or devices
found.

You'll have to be patient with me as I may be a little rusty. I've been
deep in Novell world for a few years =)

Caleb Wagnon
Technology Coordinator
Fordyce Schools

Caleb Wagnon
Technology Coordinator
Fordyce Schools

____________________

>>> Eric Harrison <eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us> 1/17/2007 9:45 PM

The command needs to be run from a shell on the thin client itself.

I usually do that by editing /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf and
uncommenting this line:

	SCREEN_02          = shell

and then reboot the terminal.

Once the terminal has rebooted, you can press "Ctrl-Alt-F2" to get to a

command prompt on the terminal itself. From there, run:

	/sbin/pci_scan /etc/audiolist

"Alt-F1" will take you back to the GUI.

-Eric