[K12OSN] Fl_TeacherTool 0.40 Released

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Jan 24 15:19:58 UTC 2007

Brilliant, Robert!  I love the new spotlight feature.  Now to try it out.

For the record, on my two-machine-test-setup, where one is the client and the other is
the server and they're connected by just a crossover cable, the first time I started the
broadcast tool on the server, as root, and with no users selected so the broadcast
should automatically go to all clients (only one in this case) the window did appear on
the client machine, but not on the server where it was initiated.  I chose
File-Reset->Broadcast which killed the window on the client.  Then I selected the user,
clicked Broadcast, and this time the window appeared on both the client and on the
server, as it should.  I shut it down, unselected the user, so no users were selected,
clicked Broadcast, and the window appeared on both the client and the server, again as
it should.  So, something funny happened the very first time I tried it, but I was not
able to reproduce the error.  My rule of thumb is that if something goes wrong once,
make a note of it but don't worry about; if it happens a second time, then I start to
dig into it. Many incidents happen just once and as such, it's not worth the time trying
to fix something that never happens again.  I mention the missing window here just in
case others see something similar.

Thanks for all your work on this Robert.  And thanks Eric for packaging it up.

Petre