[K12OSN] Terminal Services Licenses for rdesktop

Jim Christiansen jim.c.christiansen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 19:57:23 UTC 2007

We have one old windows app that must run for teachers and my principal and
I almost began to purchase new machines to run it...  Then I thought that it
had been a long time since I had used rdesktop (like 2.5 years) so I tried
it out again and it works now...  yes, I know-  I'm just behind the times!

My technician has just called me saying that we still need to purchase a
Terminal Services Client License for every connection to the one Win2K
Server we have in the building.

So the question is-  Do I have to purchase these Terminal Services Client
Licenses?  His price is a nasty $138 Canadian per seat.

I have checked to see that the app works and it runs perfectly from a linux
rdesktop connection!  Even at $138 this will be a lot cheaper than
purchasing and maintaining 10 or more win boxes.

Thanks,  Jim