[K12OSN] K12LTSP Installation, help required

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Fri Jan 26 06:05:17 UTC 2007

Hi Jordy,

The server in my house, a K12LTSP 4.2EL box, uses the single-NIC
strategy as well.  Basically, you need to make sure that there is only
one DHCP server on that segment, and that the DHCP server has the
necessary parameters for TFTP-booting the LTSP clients.  Thick clients,
like Mac OS X, MS Windows, and GNU/Linux workstations will be just fine;
they will simply ignore the TFTP-boot parameters.  If you don't already
have a DHCP server on that segment, then the dhcpd included with K12LTSP
will do the job very nicely indeed.

As for IP, hostname, DNS, and subnet, that depends entirely on your own
network.  You might want to talk to your network administrator to get
that information.

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus