[K12OSN] Open Source workshop and Internet Cafe at Pennsylvania Librarians Conference

Jesse McDonnell jessemcdonnell at verizon.net
Sat Jan 27 23:29:42 UTC 2007

The Pennsylvania School Librarians Association will be holding a conference in Hershey from April 12 -14. Tom Ventresco, a technology coordinator from Ohio and a name many of you will recognize from this list, and Cindy Murdock, from Crawford County Federated Library System in Pennsylvania where they are migrating to Koha, an Open Source Integrated Library System, will present an Open Source Workshop to introduce school librarians to the benefits of Open Source software.

We're also going to run an Internet Cafe at the conference. Tom is going to provide a server and we're looking to source ibooks that we could use as clients. Does anyone on the list know of a source of ten to fifteen ibooks that could be rented or purchased at a reasonable price?

Feel free to email me offlist if you have any questions regarding terms, etc.

Thanks!

Jesse McDonnell (PSLA Board member and long-time K12LTSP user)