[K12OSN] WOL in fl_teachertool for clients--works

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Jan 28 14:41:38 UTC 2007

Robert,

  I'm sure you are right. The best setup for waking clients would be ina
cron job at say 7:45am each day of school. I just thought it would be
handy to have an " option" in fl_tt to enable teachers to start the thin
clients as well,say for instance if another teacher came in to use their
room and shut all the PC's off.
Question: how would I "group" pc's to be ether-wake(ed)? For
example,gather all MAC addresses in room1 , all MAC addresses in
room2,etc. Could I do a cron for
' ether-wake -file room1 '
' ether-wake -file room2 '
,, to turn on ONLY room1 thin clients
,, to turn on only room2 thin clients ?
I'm not smart enough to code this ,,duuhh..

Thanks,

Barry Cisna