[K12OSN] Re: LTSP: is it possible to specify networked printers per thin client?

john lists.john at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 01:36:08 UTC 2007

Thanks Jim. I feel honored when I get a response from you in person, pretty
darn cool.

I am using Ubuntu, but I am using LTSP 4.2 not MUkow. I am also using cups
(via the (gnome-cups-manager) to manage printers. The printer is shared via
smb://  Using your example below would I just do something similar to:

case `echo $DISPLAY | sed s/:.*$//` in
  ws004)   lpoptions -d smb://pathtoprinter;;
  ws005)   lpoptions -d smb://pathtootherprinter;
esac

Thanks again for your help.
John