[K12OSN] Terminal Services Licenses for rdesktop

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Mon Jan 29 15:09:59 UTC 2007

To me, this whole discussion illustrates why using any Windows-based software is a bad
idea.  Not only is it hard to figure out the licensing--which means you spend a lot of
time thinking about it, trying to figure it out, and time is money--but no matter which
licensing structure you conclude, it then costs more money to implement, perhaps much
money, money that most likely could be put to much better use.  Do they *really* need
this app, or do they just want it?  Extra costs hurting the children?  Ask them which
teacher is going to take the paycut to pay for the software.  Given those stark contrast
terms, they might look hard for an alternative.

Petre