[K12OSN] k12ltsp usblp

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 22:56:23 UTC 2007

I might be wrong, but I don't think you need the line:
MODULE_01 = usblp

I think the correct module should be loaded
automatically with recent versions of LTSP.

About the kernel:

The clients use a different kernel than the server.
The client kernel is specified in the dhcpd.conf file
with a
line similar to these:
filename        "/lts/vmlinuz-2.6.16.1-ltsp-2";		#for
etherboot
filename        "/lts/2.6.16.1-ltsp-2/pxelinux.0";
#for pxe
(Don't copy these lines verbatim -- the kernel
versions on my machine might be different than on your
machine.  Find
out which ones you have by looking in /tftboot/lts.)

-Rob

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 10:33:48AM +0200, Dean Mumby
wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to install a usb HP laserprinter (P2015)
, since the extra
> cost of parallel printers is no longer justifiable.
I read that I need
> to change the line in lts.conf
>
> PRINTER_0_TYPE     = U
> PRINTER_0_DEVICE  = /dev/usb/lp0
> MODULE_01                = usblp
>
> the problem is i get an error module not found
>
> I ran uname -r from terminal and I get 2.4.26-ltsp-3
, I thought we were
> running a 2.6 kernel ? , I am running the most
recent version of the
> centos version of k12ltsp. there is a 2.6.9-ltsp-3
dir under
> /lib/modules/ in the /opt/ltsp/i386 tree so why am I
not running a 2.6
> kernel ?I found a module for usblp in this tree but
not in the 2.4.26