[K12OSN] server hardware advice

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 01:36:43 UTC 2007

On 31/01/07, Krsnendu dasa <krsnendu108 at gmail.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> > For instance right now with 19 active connections iptraf report total
> > network rates as 4796 kbits/sec
> >
> What about the traffic from the ltsp servers to the /home server? Will
> the network bandwidth make a difference here?

Ideally I would use a back channel for connecting the two
servers.which is different from the LTSP client network. Else as most
of the newer hardware is having gig links I would use a switch with
two gig links for servers.
But you are right that if you are hosting two servers then this could
be a potential choke point for entire network.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar