[K12OSN] Removing the "Floppy" desktop icon

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Wed Jan 31 18:54:30 UTC 2007

I'm using k12ltsp ver 5, and we've settled on the KDE desktop. My
clients are older machines so all are booting from a boot floppy. We've
"hidden" the floppy drive inside the boxes, and now I'd like to get rid
of the floppy desktop icon. But I can't seem to find how to to it
globally for all users.

After logging on as one student, and deleting the icon, it reappears at
the next logon.

I think I've seen this question on the list before, but I can't find it.

TIA,

Micha