[K12OSN] Changing the client login screen

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Jul 2 15:45:51 UTC 2007

On 7/2/07, Nils Breunese <nils at breun.nl> wrote:
> I was under the impression that the thin clients are served another
> GDM theme. When I hook up a monitor to the server I get the default
> CentOS 5 login theme (pretty nice actually), but on the thin clients
> we get a K12LTSP theme. Can we use that CentOS default theme on our
> clients somehow?

XDMCP logins get the RemoteGreeter (less graphically intense; check
out /usr/share/gdm/defaults.conf) instead of the Greeter.

If you want them to use the same Fedora stock GDM theme, just edit
/etc/gdm/custom.conf and set RemoteGreeter=/usr/libexec/gdmgreeter
(same as Greeter).

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services