[K12OSN] need some basic help

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Jul 3 04:38:44 UTC 2007

>> 1) I would like to remove the session chooser on the terminals.  In
>> other
>> words, I want the users to be forced to go into Gnome and not have a
>> choice
>> for any other display managers.
>
> Move files from /etc/X11/dm/Sessions (I think) for unwanted session
> types. Could also be in /usr/share/xsessions.
>
> For the love of Pete, could they stop moving those with every release?

That's a very good reason to go with the EL releases.  They are, by
definition, stable, and as a sysadmin, I like that a lot.  It's why I
run Ubuntu Dapper and CentOS wherever I can at work.

Because of this, I've decided to keep my production server on K12LTSP
4.2EL for a little while longer.  It ain't broke--no need to fix it yet.
Still going to play with 5.0EL, though.

--TP