[K12OSN] new principal ... wants new feature

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Thu Jul 5 16:37:55 UTC 2007

I use it on K12LTSP 5.0EL on the local network only.  I set it up to use
the NoMachine key, in order to simplify client configuration.  I believe
the command needed was "nxsetup --setup-nomachine-key".

Using the NoMachine key means that when someone sets up their NX Client,
they won't have to bother copying the server key into their client
configuration.  This also means that you cannot be 100% certain that
you're connecting to the machine you think you're connecting to --
you're open to a possible man-in-the-middle attack.  But on my very
small local network I'm not concerned about that.  I definitely would
use a custom key if I was allowing access over the internet, though.

-Rob