[K12OSN] [Re:] K12LTSP 7.0 crash on install

Nadav Kavalerchik nadavkav at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 12:39:45 UTC 2007

i got the same results as gustav so I've decided to upgrade with "apt-get
dist-upgrade"
(yum complained on too many missing updated packages, so i had to let it
reset for now :-)

it took two days to download and half an hour to install, smoothly :-)

after reboot i copied all the old /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc.fc6 settings from the
old file to the newly
installed /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc . and that was that :-)

of course some other minor configuration changes with some other newly
installed packages,
especially if you changed squid and samba... but really minor changes,
nothing worth mentioning.

EXCEPT !!! their is a kdm bug in KDE version 3.5.7 that is out there in
all's KDE, Ubuntu and Fedora Forums
regarding the issue of being unable to remote log in kdm from a terminal
machine.

so be were, until this issue is resolved, this upgrade is problematic for us
LTSP folks.