[K12OSN] Need Help

Don Gould don at myfam.com
Sat Jul 7 12:48:00 UTC 2007

To anyone listening,

I am the Technology guy at a small christian school and I have been
to to seminars.  I am ready to make the leap to K12osn.
What I have :

30 computers in the lab
24 stand alone
6 networked internet machines
all are windows 98, 2000 or ME
9 printers 4 of which work

I need to get a server or build one.  But I need to know what I need
in the server.  I nned to keep the win os for stand alone use.  But I
will netwok all the machines for K12.  Will I be able to print my
windows documents thru the server and do I also need win server
software as well as K12? I will use the sever for the internet.  I
plan to get one or two netwok printer to serve all my printing needs
if that will work.  Feel free to answer all the question I dont even
know I need to ask to get this started.  Thanks in advance for your
help.

In desperate straights

Don Gould
Hollandale Christian School