[K12OSN] office suite interoperability

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 14:36:36 UTC 2007

Hopefully the plug-in will work really well and the migration to open
standards can begin.  However, I am a pessimist on this.  Another really big
pet peeve of mine are requests for full versions of Adobe Acrobat so that
pdf's can be created.  Typically, they want Adobe distiller installed, and
the full version of Adobe Acrobat.  They have no issue with editing in MS
Office document, creating a pdf with distiller, and then having to use
Acrobat to edit that.  When I mention just creating pdf's directly with
OO.org or StarOffice instead, it is like I have 3 heads or something because
that is too complicated and is not the corect way.  Oh well.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins