[K12OSN] OOo not defaulting to MS formats in version 6

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Sun Jul 8 16:30:24 UTC 2007

Eric Harrison wrote:

> Petre Scheie wrote:
>> Eric Harrison wrote:

>>> Running /opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/openoffice-ms-format-
>>> defaults.sh
>>> should reset the defaults back to the MS formats.
>>>
>>> If a user changes their personal settings, it will over-ride the
>>> defaults. You might try nuking a user's ~/.openoffice* directory
>>> so that
>>> they pick back up the default settings.
>>>
>> Removing the users ~/.openoffice* does fix it.  Did the
>> openoffice-ms-format-defaults.sh previously run automatically or
>> have I
>> just forgotten that I ran it manually in the past?
>>
>> Thanks Eric.
>>
>> Petre
>
> The script runs automatically at install time. Updates can over-write
> the changes.
>
> As far as I know, a user's setting will only over-ride the defaults if
> the user manually changes their settings.

I have a fresh K12LTSP 5EL install and my test user defaults to
saving as .odt. I did run a 'yum update' after the installation which
installed an OpenOffice.org update. Could the update have caused the
defaults to reset, or did the script maybe not run at install time?

I ran /opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/openoffice-ms-format-defaults.sh
again and nuked the test user's .openoffice.org2.0 directory, but
Writer still defaults to saving as .odt. Is this a known issue?

Nils Breunese.