[K12OSN] Replacing a server

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Tue Jul 10 14:27:30 UTC 2007

I want to replace my current K12LTSP 4.4.1 box with a new K12LTSP/ 5.0EL
box, and I need a little advice.  My current box is our primary
authentication server using Samba/LDAP thanks to Matt Oquist's wonderful
script.  What's the best way to migrate that data to the new server?  I
had planned to just install 5.0EL on the new machine, run the smb-ldap
script and then do a slapadd of my most recent backup, but it seems that
Matt's script isn't yet ready to handle CentOS 5 or it's K12LTSP
derivative.   I'm at a loss as to what I should do.  What do any of you
recommend?

--

C-ya,
Mark

"A person usually has two reasons for doing something: a good reason and the real reason." -- Thomas Carlyle