[K12OSN] two samba servers on one Win2k3 domain without trusts?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Jul 10 17:38:39 UTC 2007

john wrote:

> Thanks, I did check out sadms and it was pretty slick. It didn't quite
> do what I wanted it to and when I went looking for answers I didn't
> like the fact that there wasn't a mailing list or a way to discuss
> issues that might arise (at least one that I could fine). However I
> could see where it would help folks out.
>
> I appreciate the help.

If you can get the user names into a list you could just use webmin's
batch add and cluster managment features to keep users and groups
consistent across Linux boxes, and tell authconfig to do smb
authentication against your AD or PDC so you don't need to deal with
passwords.   A side effect is that you don't have to let everyone on the
AD side have logins - and you can have local users and passwords that
aren't in AD.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com