[K12OSN] Windows Terminal Services

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:42:22 UTC 2007

Julius,

If you notice, I said I carry enough device cals to cover my thin clients.
However, I have device cals, not user cals, and the MS agreement is per
device that is connecting.  Technically, I have exactly 3 devices which are
connecting, the 3 LTSP boxes, and as picky as MS is in enforcing whatever
rules favor them, I find it ironic that I could get by with just 3 device
cals.

Now, that said, MS has also tried to force businesses to only use User cals
so that when a user leaves, the cal goes with them.  At a school, this would
be silly since students leave every year. Anyhow, not trying to start an
argument on this.  Just found it interesting.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins