[K12OSN] firefox addons globaly

Ray Garza ray at mission.lib.tx.us
Mon Jul 16 21:30:55 UTC 2007

On Monday 16 July 2007 02:18:04 pm Jonathan White wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 14:00 -0500, Ray Garza wrote:
> > I have a Firefox addon (menu editor) that I want to add to all users,
> > anyone know how to do that?
> >
> > Ray
>
> I've found the articles listed on this page:
> http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=21054
> very helpful in getting Firefox addons installed globally on fresh FF
> installs. Not sure if/how it can be used to upgrade existing
> installations, but hopefully it'll be a start at least.

ok, it says to use the command line switch:

firefox -install-global-extension "/path/to/extension"
so I tried
firefox -install-global-extension "/root/Desktop/menu_editor-1.2.3.3-firefox+thunderbird.xpi"

I then open firefox and check the addons and it is not listed.  Has anyone
tried this command before?

Ray