[K12OSN] Radius server?

I have some IT folks coming to our school next week. One of them
mentioned using RADIUS, for centralised authorisation.

We have an IPCOP firewall and a K12LTSP sever running smbldap, with
about 20+ thin clients and 4-5 laptops connecting through 2 wireless
accesspoints. We  also have a koha library server and are considering
implementing an Asterisk VOIP pabx also.

Is a Radius server likely to be useful for us?

Krsnendu dasa