Re: [K12OSN] Changing the client login screen

Sudev Barar wrote:

On 02/07/07, Nils Breunese <nils breun nl> wrote:
Hello,

I installed K12LTSP 5EL last weekend and I'm still in the process of
configuring everything to our tastes. One thing that has come up is
the thin client login screen. Are there other themes available? Can
we edit the themes? Where do I look to change this?

Look under the directory /usr/share/gdm/themes/
I would suggest that you copy one of the themes directories into
another directory under the same path. The you can play with the files
in the sub-directory and make your custom theme.

I was under the impression that the thin clients are served another GDM theme. When I hook up a monitor to the server I get the default CentOS 5 login theme (pretty nice actually), but on the thin clients we get a K12LTSP theme. Can we use that CentOS default theme on our clients somehow?

Nils Breunese.