[K12OSN] Changing the client login screen

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Mon Jul 2 12:52:47 UTC 2007

Sudev Barar wrote:

> On 02/07/07, Nils Breunese <nils at breun.nl> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I installed K12LTSP 5EL last weekend and I'm still in the process of
>> configuring everything to our tastes. One thing that has come up is
>> the thin client login screen. Are there other themes available? Can
>> we edit the themes? Where do I look to change this?
>
> Look under the directory /usr/share/gdm/themes/
> I would suggest that you copy one of the themes directories into
> another directory under the same path. The you can play with the files
> in the sub-directory and make your custom theme.

I was under the impression that the thin clients are served another
GDM theme. When I hook up a monitor to the server I get the default
CentOS 5 login theme (pretty nice actually), but on the thin clients
we get a K12LTSP theme. Can we use that CentOS default theme on our
clients somehow?

Nils Breunese.