Re: [K12OSN] Fedora Core 6 packages in K12LTSP 5EL?

On 7/2/07, Nils Breunese <nils breun nl> wrote:
I installed K12LTSP 5EL 64-bit last weekend and I just noticed I have
123 packages on my system with the fc6 (Fedora Core 6) tag in their
name. Is this normal? Why do I have a .fc6 package of sed for
instance, instead of an .el5 package?

EL5 and FC6 are largely the same bits. There were many packages that
did not get rebuilt by Red Hat for EL5 when it branched from pre-FC6
development builds, hence the tag wasn't updated.

F7 has packages with the FC6 tag also. It's normal and expected.

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services