[K12OSN] K12LTSP 5 EL

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Mon Jul 2 21:56:37 UTC 2007

Rob Owens wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 04:24:42PM +0200, Nils Breunese wrote:
>> Rob Owens wrote:
>>
>>> Eric has the rpmforge repo disabled by default.  You can edit
>>> k12ltsp-rpmforge.repo to include "enabled=1"
>>
>> Ah, I see now. I'm probably just too used to installing the rpmforge-
>> release package myself.
>>
>> After removing the rpmforge-release package and just enabling the
>> repo in k12ltsp-rpmforge.repo I ran yum update, but this failed with:
>>
>> --> Processing Dependency: libImlib.so.1()(64bit) for package: icewm
>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libImlib.so.1()(64bit) is needed by
>> package icewm
>>
>> We don't use IceWM, but it came with the default install settings. Is
>> this something to report to rpmforge? I know I can just exclude or
>> remove the icewm package.
>
> I don't know what's causing that.  I haven't seen that error on my
> server.  Maybe it's a conflict resulting from your having both
> rpmforge.repo and k12ltsp-rpmforge.repo enabled previously?  When I
> was
> having weird yum trouble, Eric suggested a "yum clean all" and that
> fixed it.  Maybe give that a try.

I already tried that, but the problem still occurs. The currently
installed package is icewm-1.2.28-1.k12ltsp.6.0.0 and yum tries to
upgrade to icewm-1.2.30-1.el5.rf, but fails because of the dependency
error.

The dependency is provided by imlib-1.9.13-30.fc6. rpmforge has
1.9.13-1.el5.rf in the repository. The problem is probably that the
rpmforge icewm package needs rpmforge's imlib package and that the
k12ltsp icewm package needs the fc6 imlib package.

Has anyone else run a succesful yum update on K12LTSP 5EL while
having icewm installed and rpmforge enabled? Are you running 1.2.28
from K12LTSP or 1.2.30 from rpmforge?

I could force rpmforge's imlib onto my system and upgrade to
rpmforge's icewm package, but then yum update would probably give me
a similar dependency problem with imlib.

I guess I'll just remove the icewm package, since we're not using
IceWM anyway.

Nils Breunese.