[K12OSN] AD Integration: Not able to login with domain account

Amy Contreras acontreras at walkerville.k12.mi.us
Tue Jul 3 15:14:37 UTC 2007

I've installed K12LTSP 5 and I am currently trying to integrate Active
Directory.  For the most part I've been following the K12LTSP Wiki on
ADIntigration
http://www.k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/Technical:ADIntegration.  I
was able to join the domain successfully and then made the necessary
changes to allow domain account users to login.  Afterward I was not
able to successfully login with the user accounts that I tried.  I did
set the default domain and restarted winbind.  I tried to test several
accounts by using the # su - "user" command and it appeared to
acknowledge the user accounts but didn't like the passwords.  Now this
is where I get myself in real trouble.  I seen that someone else got it
working properly by changing the default login manager from GDM to KDM
by editing /etc/sysconfig/desktop and adding DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE".  Big
mistake.  Now I'm basically stuck because I'm not able to login as root
and when I login with my local account I'm not able to make any changes
because I somehow lack the proper permissions.  I tried using sudo to
access the desktop file among others but that didn't work either.  I've
done a google search and searched the archives but haven't found
anything yet.  Please help!

Amy Contreras