[K12OSN] Drupal or Joomla

Justin jriddiough at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 18:29:16 UTC 2007

Travis -

Anything is a better option compared to Dreamweaver! ;)  I've used Joomla and Drupal, and here was my take -  Joomla was easy to set up, get templated, and build some pages with - and that's about as far as I made it.  Drupal is more complex, but it is what I would recommend (granted, I don't know what you are trying to accomplish.)  The community, development, and resources available for use with Drupal are huge and continue to grow.  The best approach with Drupal is to keep what you are trying to accomplish light at first, because you will probably make some mistakes as you are getting through the learning curve.  Another big part of learning Drupal is being able to find the documentation you are looking for - which becomes easier over time.  The CCK & Views modules are amazing!

irc.freenode.net / #drupal-support usually has some good people that can get you pointed the right direction.
And free themes: http://drupal.org/project/Themes

Justin

Anyone using Joomla or Drupal content management system for a production
site? Would love to see how it turned out for you. I have been playing
with Joomla and seems pretty nice, was thinking about buying a 40$
template and see what the outcome looks like. Then I started reading
about how much more powerful drupal is but also more complicated. Anyone
care to give their opinion on the systems or think I should stick with
doing it in Dreamweaver? Thanks Travis.