[K12OSN] SMBLDAP change my own password script

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 00:53:08 UTC 2007

I have an idea for a script for users to be able to change their own
passwords in the smbldap setup.
Would it work?

Create a script with execute only permission for everyone except root.
The script would have one main line:
sudo smbldap-passwd <name of user>

Create a menu launcher for the script and put it under System, Settings,
ChangeMyPassword

I imagine it like this.
A user clicks on the menu item. A window pops up asking for the password for
<name of user>. Then it asks for the new password twice. Then the window
closes.

How would I automatically get the name of the currently logged in user?