Re: [K12OSN] [Re:] K12LTSP 7.0 crash on install

i got the same results as gustav so I've decided to upgrade with "apt-get dist-upgrade"
(yum complained on too many missing updated packages, so i had to let it reset for now :-)

it took two days to download and half an hour to install, smoothly :-)

after reboot i copied all the old /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc.fc6 settings from the old file to the newly
installed /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc . and that was that :-)

of course some other minor configuration changes with some other newly installed packages,
especially if you changed squid and samba... but really minor changes, nothing worth mentioning.

EXCEPT !!! their is a kdm bug in KDE version 3.5.7 that is out there in all's KDE, Ubuntu and Fedora Forums
regarding the issue of being unable to remote log in kdm from a terminal machine.

so be were, until this issue is resolved, this upgrade is problematic for us LTSP folks.