[K12OSN] Workstation Profile

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Jul 6 14:10:13 UTC 2007

> > I was wondering if K12LTSP offers a "Workstation" profile; meaning users
> > log in to the server and have a central location for storage and desktop
> > settings, but run all applications locally?

To do what you want, you don't want K12LTSP.  You need local workstation installs, with
an NFS mounted /home from the server and also run LDAP on the server for central user
authentication.  This will give you central storage and user account management, but
still run full local workstations.  If you wanted you could probably setup diskless
remote booting if you wanted to also centralize your workstation images.  I haven't
tried that yet but will be looking into it shortly.