Re: [K12OSN] Windows Terminal Services

Roger Morris wrote:
John Lucas wrote:

On Monday 09 July 2007 09:28, Timothy Legge wrote:

Hi

What is the deal with terminal Services again?  I believe I need the
following:

1) Windows Server
2) Device/Client Cals for Windows
3) Device/Client Cals for Terminal Services.

I will be connecting via rdesktop, I assume that is okay as long as
the above is properly licensed.

Anything else required?

Only to configure Terminals Services for "Application mode", otherwise the
default is "Administrative mode" which only allows 2 simultaneous users.

to elaborate a little.  in 'admin' mode, no CAL is required, right?

Correct.  You get two CAL's with admin mode automatically...but only two.  Furthermore, if you've got a userID logged in at the console, then that counts as a session.  Thus, Windows XP will give you only one terminal server session.  Dunno how that applies to Windows Server; might be similar.

--TP