Re: [K12OSN] two samba servers on one Win2k3 domain without trusts?

Ok, Les. Thanks but the issue is a consistent uid/rid mapping for
mulitple linux servers. If you don't have that then user1 on ltsp1
will have a different uid then user1 on ltsp2.

John

On 7/9/07, Les Mikesell <les futuresource com> wrote:
john wrote:

> Here's the thing. I have been running 1 server with auth to AD via
> winbind and kerberos for 6 months. Now I want to install another
> server, but short of creating a whole other domain with SAMBA as a PDC
> and setting up a trust, I can't see how to do it.
>
> PLEASE point me at the simple "just edit pam to use" AD howto!

Just repeat the setup you have on your working server.  AD isn't going
to care how many servers authenticate with it as long as all the users
are there.

--
   Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com