Re: [K12OSN] two samba servers on one Win2k3 domain without trusts?

Thanks Les,

Jerry Carter on the samba mailing list suggested i try IDMAP_RID with
Winbind which is what I think you are talking about. I am going to
give that a shot.

Thanks!

john

On 7/9/07, Les Mikesell <les futuresource com> wrote:
john wrote:
> Ok, Les. Thanks but the issue is a consistent uid/rid mapping for
> mulitple linux servers. If you don't have that then user1 on ltsp1
> will have a different uid then user1 on ltsp2.

One approach is to create the accounts yourself (or copy the passwd
entries)and only use AD as the password server.  There is a way to get
consistent mapping but I haven't used it.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com