[K12OSN] Open Source Software deployment

Hi list members

Out here in West Texas (El Paso) we are trying to put in place a cohesive plan to deploy Open Source Software, starting with XP/Mac compatible applications and ending with Linux/thin client clusters down the road. See http://tinyurl.com/3e4sh8

I am wondering if those of you on the list with similar efforts or experiences might have advice or documentation to share... I never thought "free" was going to cause such panic and resistance...

Cheers
Alan Hodson
http://links.episd.org/
--