[K12OSN] Replacing a server

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 21:22:55 UTC 2007

Here are notes from when I installed on K12TLSP-6. I think Centos and
Fedora 6 are very similar.

Installation

# cd smbldap-installer
and run #./smbldap all
choose k12ltsp-5 as the distribution.

Secret tricks

When the script runs it says some important packages are not
installed. It then says it is installing them. But it is lying. The
packages are not installed. You have to do it yourself.
Run the following command to install required packages.
#yum install perl-Crypt-SmbHash perl-Unicode-String perl-Unicode-Map8
smbldap-tools perl-Unicode-MapUTF8 perl-Jcode perl-Unicode-Map
now run installer again. This time it should find all the packages it needs.
#./smbldap all