Re: [K12OSN] Java on K12LTSP 5EL

Chris Thomas wrote:

make a symolic link from the plugin in the jre directory to the firefox plugins directory.

That symlink is automatically created when you install the Java packages: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so is a symlink to /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.10/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/ libjavaplugin_oji.so.

I'm still thinking the problem may be that K12LTSP 5EL 64-bit installs a 32-bit version of Java. Linux 64-bit JRE downloads are available at java.sun.com, but apparently the 64-bit version doesn't have applet and Java Web Start support.

How do other people get Java applet support on 64-bit K12LTSP? I use 64-bit Firefox with nspluginwrapper so I can use the 32-bit only Flash plugin. Is the only solution to go with 32-bit Firefox?

Nils Breunese.