[K12OSN] T.S. Licensing

The number of licenses is a matter of 2 attributes; 1) what defines a user, and 2) how is this user count measured? I would make the argument that, in order to provide measurable proof of # of users, one would need to use the official Microsoft license management output. If that tool, provided by the governing authority for managing licenses of their own product, reports each service as one license used, then the governing authority has spoken. As an administrator, I have no obligation beyond reporting to Microsoft the information provided by their official license management application.

Logically, one would think that an end user would constitute a license, and that would make sense, but not much in the EULA agreements makes logical sense, and I would think that sticking by the letter of the law, using the tools provided by the vendor, would be the only legal safe way of measuring the user count, not using logic, and definitely, not using ethics (They should get what they give).

--Kirk