Re: [K12OSN] OT: Open Source counter-arguments

Rob Owens wrote:

I should also mention rsync.  I've spoken w/ 3 different paid
consultants who specialize in supporting commercial software, and they
were astonished when I told them that Linux and rsync could transfer
partial files.  One guy didn't even believe me.  Is there an equivalent
in commercial software?  I'm not aware of one, but maybe it's out there.

There might be something else that works between similar systems, but rsync will work cross-platform between Windows, Macs, and about any flavor of unix-like system.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com