Re: [K12OSN] OT: Open Source counter-arguments

OK, one last post and then I'll shut up!  (see below)

On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 12:25:27PM -0600, ahodson wrote:
> Finally, you cannot be in any conversation with an OS person without
> these words being uttered: "Why should we pay Microsoft for this or
> that?" Interesting. Why pay for anything? Why pay Dell for hardware? Why
> pay AT&T for connectivity? Why pay EXXON for gas? I don't understand the
> aversion to having to pay for something. The entire economy of the free
> world is based on this. You pay for goods and services.

In my case:
Q: Why pay for that new part for my truck?  A: I don't, because I can
use a junkyard part and make it fit with the help of my welder and other
tools.
Q: Why pay for that new shirt when I could make one myself?  A: I pay
for it because I think it's worth it.

You pay for goods and services...when they are worth it.

-Rob