Re: [K12OSN] firefox addons globaly

yes, we use this method too, but with a mix.

first, try to remove the extensions.ini , extensions.cache and compreg.dat from firefox' user profile folder.
an reload firefox to let it re-register the extensions. i think this should help. if not, i suggest...

second, what we actually use is a mix. we install globally some extension but also, we have a Sandbox user in which we install and configure firefox (and other applications) as we like and then we copy the user's specific application configuration files (.mozzila , .openoffice ... ) to all other users in the system and change ownership
very easy :-)

i can send you the copy script if you like this method.

On 7/17/07, Ray Garza <ray mission lib tx us > wrote:
On Monday 16 July 2007 02:18:04 pm Jonathan White wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 14:00 -0500, Ray Garza wrote:
> > I have a Firefox addon (menu editor) that I want to add to all users,
> > anyone know how to do that?
> >
> > Ray
>
> I've found the articles listed on this page:
> http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=21054
> very helpful in getting Firefox addons installed globally on fresh FF
> installs. Not sure if/how it can be used to upgrade existing
> installations, but hopefully it'll be a start at least.

ok, it says to use the command line switch:

firefox -install-global-extension "/path/to/extension"
so I tried
firefox -install-global-extension "/root/Desktop/menu_editor- 1.2.3.3-firefox+thunderbird.xpi"

I then open firefox and check the addons and it is not listed.  Has anyone
tried this command before?

Ray